Engineering Geologists/ Geotechnical Engineers/Mine Geologists (Coal)
Gnomic is looking to fill a few roles as follows:
for a project starting in approximately May 2017
Engineering Geologists or Geotechnical Engineers familiar with AS1726-1993 Geotechnical Site Investigations.
Needless to say we are looking for highly professional, self motivated applicants.
- A Tertiary qualification in Engineering Geology, Civil / Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent
- Around 3 + years postgraduate experience
- Demonstrated ability to log soil and rock in accordance with AS1726-1993 (Geotechnical Site Investigations)
- Project planning and/or field program supervision/management.
- Schedule laboratory testing suitable for rock and soil mechanics design:
- slopes (rock and soil),
- foundations (pad and piles),
- settlements (elastic and plastic),
- retaining structures.
· Experience preparing either individually or combined factual, interpretation and design reports.
- Perform analysis and field observations and carry out geological and geotechnical project reporting.
- Support Project Managers in delivery of projects on time and within budget
- Understanding of processes and tasks regularly addressed within an engineering design consultancy including regulatory HS&E requirements.
The following will be advantageous. Depending on project needs, training may be provided for some or all of the following
- First Aid certificate
- 4WD Training
- Standard 11/Coal Board Medical
- Rail Trackside Protection Card (Qld Rail/Aurizon)
- Rail Industry Worker Card
- White Card (Construction Industry)
Potential Candidates may have experience from the following backgrounds (in priority order)
1. Engineering Geologists
2. Geotechnical Engineers
3. Mine Geologists familiar with Geotechnical Logging (RQD, Rock Mass Characterisation, etc)
4. Exploration Geologists (Coal) Up to 4 months
|mid July 2017