Senior Field Assistant
The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Field Geologist in the co-ordination of day to day field activities. This role will include undertaking the activities of a Field Technician as well as oversee other Field Technician staff.
NSW based person preferred for DIDO role
Shared housing accommodation is provided.
Either 2/1 or 2/2 roster - to be confirmed
2 swing probation, then possibility of contract extension
• Undertaking all activities associated with accurately processing drill core to the standard expected of the Senior Geologist.
• Directing Field Technicians on a daily basis that ensures the most productive and cost-effective use of resources to achieve the drill program.
• Training and mentoring Field Technician staff as required.
• Setting and capturing productivity targets and for Field Technician Staff.
• Propose productivity and field process improvement opportunities as identified.
• Ensuring consumables and material stocktakes and orders are placed with leadership as required as not to affect productivity of resources.
• Assisting with roster management of field staff resources to deliver the drill program to schedule.
• Contributing to requirements identified for reporting as directed by Senior Field Geologist.
• Assisting with any community or landholder discussions as required and directed.
• Assisting with rehabilitation requirements post drilling and execution of this activity.
• Actively contributing to ensuring personal safety and safety of team members.