Experienced Field Assistant
Three month assignment with a high probability of extension for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Core Shed Supervisor, the key accountabilities of the field assistant role will be modified based on the experience level of the candidate. However, key accountabilities may include:
- Drill core mark up and sampling;
- RQD, magnetic susceptibility, density and pXRF measurements;
- Pegging activities involving the use of a GPS.
Key Skills Required
The ideal candidate will:
- Be focussed on their own safety and the safety and wellbeing of others above all else;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to fit easily into a diverse team and liaise with other Stakeholders around the operation;
- Be familiar with the basics of the Field Assistant role and be willing to learn site-specific procedures (and will be supported by senior client staff);
- Be familiar with basic computing functions including the Microsoft Office Suite and simple databases.
Will be accommodated either in the mine camp or a “remote” (40 mins from mine) camp
The nominal work roster will be 8:6, 12 hours per day on day shift only. However, the candidate should be prepared to work a two week swing from time to time as the work program requires.