Senior Field Assistant_Field Co-ordinator
Our client requires an experienced field technician for a field co-ordinator role
The focus is on providing field based practical, logistical and technical support, data recording and also recommendations to help towards delivering exploration success on Kincora’s copper-gold exploration projects in NSW, all to be done safely and on time.
Team members operate on a drive-in-out (DIDO) basis to site, working a two week-on and one week-off roster, with accommodation also provided whilst at site.
Expected tasks associated with this role include:
· Daily diamond drill core processing with accuracy and also at a high standard at the core yard will include, but is not limited to:
o diamond drill core orientations and core tray mark-ups;
o recording of drill core recoveries and accurately assessing core loss;
o drill core photography;
o cutting and sampling of drill cores;
o preparation of sample batches and undertaking dispatches to the laboratory.
· Providing daily exploration core yard data collection uploads to the company database.
· Assist with the daily reporting of exploration core yard production and field activities.
· Assist with providing updates once / week via a teleconferencing system about the core yard and field activities in progress.
· Be available to help guide, advise and/or mentor new field team members.
· There will also be some liaison required with the landowners during the drill rig movements and also the associated drill site preparation and also rehabilitation post-drill hole completion.
· Forecast and coordinate stocktakes and inventory of consumables and materials required to execute work.
· Assist with maintaining housekeeping and organisation of core yard.
· Manage contractors where necessary and small construction projects.
· Help to propose productivity and field process improvement opportunities as identified.
· Actively contribute by way of monitoring and reporting on safety to help ensure personal safety and also the safety of team members and associated contractors.
· Working respectfully and collaboratively with the exploration team and associated contractors.
· Assist with other technical and exploration related activities when required by supervisors.
· A valid driver’s licence will be required for this role.
Other field experiences that are desirable for this role include:
· Previous experience with diamond drilling programs and the associated drill core processing.
· Previous experience with reverse circulation and/or aircore drilling programs and the associated sampling procedures.
· Experience with digital GPS for the surveying of drill hole collars.
· An interest with computer software (e.g., MS Office: Excel, Word, GIS)
· A valid first aid certificate.
· Forklift qualification or other machinery experience. am members.