Junior Field Geologist
We require a junior geologist with copper porphyry experience that is confident in the day job of supervising drilling operations, geologically logging core to the client's standards, etc.
NSW based person is preferred. Starting in Jan 2021.
- logging of holes using Excel, including structural measurements). Importantly, must be able to:
o identify intrusive and volcanoclastic rock types,
o alteration types, minerals and;
o also to keep up with geological logging of drill holes,
- Plotting of daily drilling geology and faults onto a working x-section to show drill hole progress towards the target(s),
- Daily reporting of drilling and geology logging activities (templates already established, just needs daily updating)
- Providing updates once / week via Skype about the drilling and geology
- Daily supervision of the drilling operations (i.e. rig and associated field teams)
- Some mentoring and guidance to field technicians (i.e. core orientations, core photography, cutting and sampling, standards, etc.) and geologists logging.
- There will also be some liaison required with the landowners during the drill rig movements.
- Monitoring and reporting on safety.
- Working respectfully and collaboratively with the exploration team.
Overall, the focus is on providing geological observations, thinking and recommendations to help towards delivering exploration success on copper-gold targets, all to be done safely and on time.
Period of work is around 14 days at site and 14 days break (including 2 days of travel, allowing 12 days at home), drive-in-out to NSW (Parkes-Trundle-Condoblin area). Accommodation is provided on site.